Re: Security

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Security
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:48:36 EST
In a message dated 3/5/2003 5:46:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brockjack@earthlink.net writes:

> My idea is to add a worker assignment for each work group designated
> paddock
> security.That person could be given a radio and a whistle and his/her
> assignment would be to report any suspicious activity in the paddock to the
> motor home and to the event chairs who could dispatch a posse to check out
> the
> situation.

If it's as difficult as staffing the waiver gate, good luck.  Not that it's a
bad idea, just that even if there were such a security worker position, I'd
feel better if it were in tandem and not a single person.

I would rather coning off a non-member parking area, allowing only card
carrying members to drive in.  This would be possible at Oakland, Candlestick
(with some effort), and GGF should be easy.  Maybe give greater incentive to
properly staff that waiver gate job.  During morning hours, it would be much
better to have 2 workers at the waiver gate, after lunch one person would be
ok.

Also, I think the waiver gate entry  needs to be narrowed a bit.  When I was
working the last event, getting waivers signed in one line, some drivers
tried driving on through without signing because the entrance was too darn
open.  Maybe some cones, narrow entry to about 15 ft wide.

Just my thoughts.

Don Lew

ps:  most attendants are honest, but let's not tempt the few with poor
morals, lock it up, or cover it up !