A correct answer to: One of a couple of for fun questions

To: rex_tener@yahoo.com
Subject: A correct answer to: One of a couple of for fun questions
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 05:31:24 -0000
Rex Tener wrote:
>The 13 did not run an AAS event this year?  That's my guess.  :-)

Rex, note that I am copying the list.

This is not quite exactly what I looked at, but
after having made 13 searchs on 14 documents,
it turns out to be true if we take the asterisk
off of Elise Geiger's name (which we should
anyway). Rex gets one bubble gum cigar (remind
me the next time you come to Sacramento).

Now, it's not significant that 12 did not run
an AAS (or other Sacramento) event that I know
of, but it is significant that 23 of the
46 best SFR performers at 2002 Nationals
did travel to Sacramento despite there being no
concrete, no divisional, and no scheduled
SFR event up here this year. And, oh by the way,
all 12 of those who did not make it up here this year
have attended regular season events here in the past.

So the food for thought is to ask yourself why.
I know the answers, so this isn't another
contest. But I'm not one of the 46 either so I
am not going to presume to tell you. I'll leave you
with the options of talking to some of the 46,
figuring it out for yourself, or just coming
on up here and getting your own dose of competitive
advantage. A good place to start would be the
Enduro (a fun, unique event where you get to do
five consecutive laps on Sunday), Crows Landing
(AAS or SFR), or even this weekend at McClellan.
Beware though that I may actually say something
about you in The Wheel if you do. :-)

Rich Urschel

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com