Should I eat my hat yet?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Should I eat my hat yet?
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:46:30 -0700
Help me decide if I should eat my hat...

You veterans will be a lot better at interpreting the results than I
am..  I was sure that the Mini Cooper would dominate HS.  Instead, a BMW
318i took the first place trophy.  I wonder what shocks he's running!

Then again, of the ten trophies, Mini Coopers took eight of them at places
2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.  The only Honda to trophy was the 89 Civic Si in
5th sponsored by the Evolution Driving School.  (Go little Honda!)  Given
that there were 7 unique models in the top 25, would you say that the Mini
dominated?

It would be interesting to know the various drivers experience relative to
each other.. For example, if this was the first nationals for most of the
Mini drivers, and veterans were booted 10 positions down the order, I might
not have to eat my hat.

Interstingly, the Mini Cooper S did not make such a bold showing.  Only one
two-driver Cooper S was entered in DS, and the drivers came in 16th and
32nd to a mix of Integra Type R's, BMW 325IS's, and IS300's. (Go Kumho
Kevin and Derek!)  Hmmm..  You don't think that a bunch of people bought
the "less good" model just so they could trophy in HS at nationals, do you?

Jake