RE: Crows Landing Airfield Autox

To: "'Jim Martin'" <james_martin@worldnet.att.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Crows Landing Airfield Autox
From: Chris Warner <jabrwoky@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:59:02 -0700
Where is crows landing airfield?

]-----Original Message-----
]From: owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net
][mailto:owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Jim Martin
]Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:59 PM
]To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
]Subject: Crows Landing Airfield Autox
]
]I finally got the OK to have an autox at the old Crows Landing
]Naval Air Station.  It only took 9 years of talking to
]everyone from Congressmen to local Supervisors.
]
]We get November 9-10 this year and if all goes well we can
]have about 18 weekends there for any club  next year.  AAS and
]SCCA will have priority on dates but there should be plenty of
]weekends for all clubs.
]
]The tentative plan is for an AAS event on Saturday and SCCA on
]Sunday with a great party Saturday night at the local new Best
]Western hotel .
]
]Continued use of this site depends on our economic impact to
]the area.  The only real measure will be how many rooms
](discounted to $55- for us) we use each weekend so I hope
]everyone can stay at least Saturday night at the Patterson
]Best Western.  The hotel has lots of parking.  A nice bar and
]large restaurant and banquet room.
]
]Bryan and Jesus are working hard on all of the many details of
]this event to make it happen and be a great event for everyone!
]
]
]             J im Martin
]