Re: Points question from a Novice.

To: "Mark Smith" <msmith@tilia.com>
Subject: Re: Points question from a Novice.
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:12:29 -0700
Hi, Mark,

I'm copying the bay area autox list, as there
are others who will want to know this info.

The simple rule is you get to drop one of your lowest
scores for each 4 events in the series.  We always drop the
lowest ones -- as you would.  This series we will drop 4.
There will only be 17 events in this year's Championship
series, then we start our second series, the Slush series.
Trophies will be awarded for both series.  So there will not be
a round 20 this year.

And we award all your drops af the end of the series, when
we award trophies.  The points pages drop an additional
event for each 4 we run, but this is just a way we represent it
to you to make it clearer where you stand -- as we see it.
It's unofficial until the end of the year.

An event you missed is scored -- as a 0.  If you missed
5 events, we'd drop the 4 worst -- 4 zeros.  One of the 13 scores
that would count is that fifth 0.

We award trophies to both people who end up tied.  We don't
try to resolve them.

This information is on the web page here:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/supps.html
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/Championship/event_info.html
And other places.

I guess the tie rule is not in the Supps, but this is how we
run the scoring, as approved by the Steering Committee.

I bet the Miata is a lot more fun!

Jerry Mouton                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"