Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:31:03 -0700
>         But I know that today I can go to either my Ford or Chevrolet
> dealer and buy quite a few parts for cars older than seven years.

While doing my straight axle to independent rear swap,  i needed a rear
caliper brake hose for my 1991 donor thunderbird calipers.  i went to the
ford dealer and, after admiring a cherry 1957 thunderbird outside, much to
my surprise, the hose had been discontinued!!  the fellow next to me then
asked for a shift boot cover for a 1957 thunderbird which the service guy
looked up in the microfiche and said it was still available and they might
even have one in stock.  go figure.

-james c