RE: Stock Shock Chalk Talk

To: "'Andy McKee'" <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stock Shock Chalk Talk
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:43:58 -0700
Not that *someone* on one of those endless grudge match national lists
hasn't already pointed this out, but going back to OEM shocks would also
cherry pick the very few cars that come from the factory equipped with
decent shocks at the expense of everyone else.  Lessee, in CS a car like
Anthony's '99 Miata Sport would be even better with fresh Billies and
everyone else on stock shocks (ever seen how much a stock MR2 Spyder rolls
around?).  DS the Type R is about the only one with "something special".
Let's find one of those ever so hard to find 1LE Camaros that came with D/A
Konis for FS.  In GS that Neon ACR w/factory Konis would look pretty good,
no?  In each case we're talking about a specialty model with low production
numbers relative to the rest of the range.  I'm not saying that a good
driver couldn't overcome that handicap, but the seriously committed National
types would end up finding those rare birds, and everyone else would whine
about how they shouldn't be expected to buy a different car just to be
competitive.  They'd whine whether it was justified or not.

Peter