Hoosier tire wear

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com
Subject: Hoosier tire wear
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2002 16:14:33 -0000
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:04:15 -0400 "John F. Kelly Jr."
<76067.1750@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Well, Stacey,
>        We purchased four (4) Hoosier Autocrossers about two years ago to
>run on our V6 Camaro in G Stock at a Castle Field event. We --two of
>us--ran one event prior and then the Divisional, 18 runs total. Our $750
>purchase was corded at the Divisional's conclusion.
>        And we did no driving on the street with those tires.
>
>        "Greatly reduced" is a slight exageration. <G>

The "Hoosier Autocrosser" is an actual bias ply model.
I believe you had the early radials which were
remarkably easy to flat spot down to cord even
with GM's ABS. I ruined a set pushing through
ONE corner on abrasive concrete. The later
generations of Hoosier radials are reportedly
much better. The bias ply Autocrossers tend to
heat cycle to death well before wearing down to
cord, but they only work well on cars with very
quick steering.

Rich Urschel

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com