Re: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields

To: Joe <joe@bea.com>, "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Subject: Re: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:54:41 -0400

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

"
I seem to recall that SFR has always gotten the lot swept the day
before, but it seems to revert quickly to its normal (sandy) state.  I
heard that the surface was improving towards the end of last year.
Maybe not...?"

You remember correctly.

It's also good to remember that an autocross course, no matter how wide the
designer makes it, is in reality just about eight feet wide due to the
dust, etc. cleaned off by the early cars.

        Use of the word gravel implies something beyond the situation, in
my humble opinion. I have never skated on gravel at GGF.
I've "skated" on sand at some other sites.

--John Kelly