RE: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields

To: "'Joe'" <joe@bea.com>, "'Pat Kelly'" <lollipop487@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:45:39 -0700
Joe said:
> I would happily chip in for a good sweep of any site before
> the event. I would volunteer for a pre-race work assignment
> to be with the sweeper and course map to ensure we get our
> money's worth of clean asphalt. Joe

At the GGF events I did, I showed up early AM and spend over 90 minutes
sweeping two particular turns until my arms felt like they were about to
fall off and it did not make any difference. The gravel at GGF is
ubiquitous. Once you sweep away the top layer, new gravel seems to come
up out of the asphalt.