RE: Lotus

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Lotus
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:23:18 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net

"As John very well knows, the Elise does not meet the production criteria
specified in the rulebook for Stock or Street Prepared classes:

"Cars running in Stock Category must have been series produced with normal
road touring equipment capable of being licensed for normal road use in
the United States, and normally sold and delivered through the
manufacturer's retail sales outlets in the United States.  Car models not
specifically listed in any Stock Category class must have been produced,
and must meet the above requirements and been sold through normal U.S.
dealerships, in quantities of at least 1,000 in a 12- month period in
order to be eligible for the Stock Category.""

You are correct. However all the material you posted does not relate to the
question to which I was responding.

I was responding to the posting show below.

>Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

>"I absolutely listen to my constituents.  You are in the minority.  Most
of
>the Solo 2 world does not want DP 7As at 1000 (or less) lbs, Elises in
>classes until they are actually sold thru Lotus dealers in the U.S., or
Lotus
>cars in SM2.
>Charlie"

I was pointing out it is possible to purchase either an Elise or a 7 from a
dealer and I posted the info.

As for the production criteria, the SEB has ignored its own rules on
several occasions. Example: the Acura Type R. In its original run there
were not 1000 units produced.

It was approved for G Stock 30 days prior to the first Nationals in which
it appeared.

Second example, the Porsche GT "Cup" car used by Greg Fordahl to win AP
about three years ago. It was approved for the class 12 days prior to its
only Nationals appearance. And there weren't the appropriate number of
those built either.

        My point is the SEB ignores its own rules.
        I can provide more examples but I don't have the time for research.
How much do you want to know?

--John Kelly