RE: Website

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Website
From: Paul Chavez <scarpa@slimside.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:04:11 -0700
I think the key point here is that Subaru of America is *not* the same
entity as a dealership. If one dealership won't work on your car, go to
another one. Subaru of Santa Cruz has an excellent reputation for supporting
people who actually have fun with their Imprezas.

IFAIK (not far), dealerships are eager to get warranty business as it is
fairly profitable for them. The catch is the warranty work needs to be
justified. Obviously, certain modifications are going to void certain parts
of the vehicle, and aftermarket stuff is not warrantied.

Ed Runnion recently had the motor on his WRX replaced due to a random
failure within the first few thousand miles. I know he raced his WRX before
it blew, and I know he's scrambling to put miles on the new motor so he can
run the next event. :)

Paul Chavez