Re: exhaust temp gauges, where to find info to use?

To: "james creasy" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust temp gauges, where to find info to use?
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:37:44 -0700
IIRC, the higher the exhaust temp, the leaner your fuel mixture.  I'm not
absolutely sure, but your 1400 deg. temps are probably okay.  You can enrich
the mixture if the temps are worrying you, but of course you will use more
fuel.

If you run any endurance races, running richer might actually be a good
idea.  It'll help to reduce stress on your engine by keeping temps lower,
and you'll shoot flames out the tailpipe on overrun ;)

Scot