Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Subject: Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:33:53 -0700
I think that Mazda is afraid to put the rotary in any other car before
the RX-8 is established.  After all, what is the real appeal of the
RX-8, other than being the only rotary powered car on the US market?
The funky Saturn-esque rear doors?

The new rotary might be too expensive for the Miata's low-cost
concept.

I hope that Automobile is right...are they usually?  I also hope that
when they say "just over a ton" they don't mean "a ton and a quarter",
which is where they're at now.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94