So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:11:19 -0700
John Kelly,

What do you mean by "look for what happens to the Miata in 2003"?  I can
think of a few things you could mean:

1) There is a rules change/reclass already scheduled for the existing
model to occur in 2003.

2) The new model, exceeding the performance of the current model, will
get stuck in BS competing with the Porsche 968 and MR2 Turbo (and
possibly the S2000 and Boxster) and be totally hosed (or maybe not -- With
Nanda's pie-in-the-sky specs of 170HP/2000Lbs, it might just take on
the competition).

3) The new model, exceeding the performance of the current model, will
be placed in CS and render the older Miatas uncompetetive.

Not being able to see the future, I'm curious which one you are
predicting.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94