Re: ST-S Rules Clarifications?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ST-S Rules Clarifications?
From: Elmoizme@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:21:46 EST
You can run an emissions legal header, a cat, and then a cat back exhaust
system.

A cam is not an engine management system, it is part of the engine
drivetrain. Replacing that will place you in SP or SM.  A cam gear is a
mechanical system but not allowed under STS rules. You can use under drive
pulleys though.

You can use a fuel pressure regulator (mechanical) or an electrical fuel
controller wired to the ECU/map/air flow sensor but not both pressure
regulator and a fuel controller.

A reprogrammed ECU is allowed but must be in the original housing. No boost
upgrades for  forced induction though.

Elton
SM#68