ST-S Rules Clarifications?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ST-S Rules Clarifications?
From: Todd Stiers <tas@darthracing.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:00:35 -0800
Hi,

I am reading the ST-S rules at

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/

and have 2 questions, due in part to a contradiction in
Q1 and an interpretation in Q2:

Q1: Under Allowable modifications:

* Exhaust system downstream of catalytic converter(s)

then says

* Emission-legal headers

Does this mean I can run headers/alternate manifold-pipe and cat back
exhaust? Headers are usually upstream of a cat I presume...

Q2: Also under Allowable modificatons:

* Emission legal modifications to Engine management system, either
electronic or mehanical, but not both.

Is an alternate cam considered "mechanical engine management"?

Headers and a new cam could do *a lot* for my buggy, but I'd like to
stay out of any classes where things with V8's, wings and turbines hang
out :)

Thanks
Todd

--