Re: [StreetTouring] Making STX work

To: streettouring@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [StreetTouring] Making STX work
From: Barry Chafin <bchafin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:48:09 -0800
I'm down for STX and have built 560 points in the Class here in SFR but we've
only had six competitors over our three Events.

   * http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/Championship/stx.html

My rationale for running STX is multifold.  First, I'd like a "big brake" kit
for
the Maxima for track days.  Second, I think the torque advantage could be
Maximized (pun intended) with a LSD.  Third, the car I'd been considering to
replace the Maxima is excluded from STS and not STX, so why not build points in
the Class early in the Season.  Fourth, the new VQ35DE (Nissan V-6) exceeds the
3.1 Liter limitation of the class.

   *
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pd6b53f6f6913933c5f05de4eaecbdddc/fdf808d1.jpg.orig.jpg

So, I'm considering the new STX Class to be a GOOD thing and promise to be easy
on any of the 325/8s (?) that show up at Atwater, May 4-5 ;^), especially with
Evolution drivers @ the wheel :^).

Barry - http://www.4d-sport.com