FW: Reaction time and Coke was Re: The waiver line getting in

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Reaction time and Coke was Re: The waiver line getting in
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:40:14 -0800
This just in from the labs!

Katie

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Madams [mailto:darren@madams.com]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 2:41 PM
To: Kelly, Katie

I hate to even admit that I keep track, but I've had 14 people try the
test and not a one of them didn't show some improvement.  In fact, nearly
everyone gains at least 1-2ms (from about 17 or 18ms) after drinking one
Coke.  Katie is correct in saying that the effects do wear off quickly, so
you have to pound one before your run and then sustain the drug levels.

For some reason (and against my scientific mind), Pepsi (and my personal
favorite drink, Pepsi One) show zero gain.  Same goes for Diet Pepsi and
even Diet Coke.  It is only regular Coke that helps decrease reaction
time.  I have no idea what ingredient in Coke causes this, but there is
undeniable proof.  Even a skeptic like myself, who only found this program
to refute the claim, is now convinced.

For those of you want to try the experiment yourself, you can find it in
my Yahoo! Briefcase:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dspyder

        --Darren