RE: effects of switching from 245/45/17 to 235/40/17??

To: "'james creasy '" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: effects of switching from 245/45/17 to 235/40/17??
From: "Allendorfer, Peter" <Peter@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:18:30 -0800
 Well, You will have a narrower tire, and less sidewall.  The less sidewall
will raise the effecting spring rate of your tire, the narrower tire will
have less contact patch.  It should heat up faster and it might increase
understeer.  Or decrease oversteer (I don't know how your car handles
now....)  But with that Cobra, you always have power on oversteer......
Anyways....   You can change out the front spring to compensate for the
increased spring rate of the tire, or less swaybar in front.

-Peter