Re: Duel at DeAnza?

To: Glenn Ellingson <geewiz@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Duel at DeAnza?
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:48:30 -0800
Glenn Ellingson wrote:

> On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 01:42 PM, craig boyle wrote:
> >
> > Yea, but wouldn't it be nice if the various grand
> > poo-bah's got together and sync'd schedules. We know
> > that NASA historically runs "3rd Sunday" it would be
> > really cool if the other groups were as predictable.
> >

> I will second that!
>
> It was a lot of work attending 2 events 100 miles apart on the same day,
> and I don't want to do it more often than necessary :-).
>
> -- Glenn

If the sites that we use were available every weekend of the year, that
would be possible, however, we are not the only game in town, other
activities raise more income than we do at the various locations, so the
autocross comunity gets the weekends that the rest of the world does not
use up. The site fund that was started 10 or 12 years ago, has raised a
lot of money, yet we find it next to impossible to find a suitable
location to purchase or lease long term. Then we also have the
tree-huggers and bird-lovers that will not allow such a travesty to
happen to a piece land.

Jesus