New classes for SFR in 2002 -- and STR goes away

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: New classes for SFR in 2002 -- and STR goes away
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:24:52 -0800
The Steering Committee voted in two new classes that SCCA has
added for 2002 -- Street Touring X ans Street Modified 2.

In addition, since SCCA is not supporting it any more, STR is
not going to be supported here in 2002.

First STR -- if you have a Street Touring car with R tires, you can still
run SFR events, but in SM, DSP/CSP, or OSP.  There just will not be
a separate class with trophies.  The logic was that the class was supported
here just because SCCA defined it, and SCCA is apparently superceding it
with SM and ST-X, so we won't fund a trophy for it any more.

New classes:
You can see the rules as they have been defined for these classes
at the SCCA website, in February and earlier FasTracks, and
at http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-02.pdf

Street Touring X:
Like STS (Street tire only) but displacement up to 5 liters normally
aspirated/2 liter turbo/supercharged.  BMW M3 (E36 and E46) and M5s are
excluded.

Street Modified 2:
Street Modified, but for 2 seater cars and cars lighter or smaller than
allowed in SM -- I don't see the rules yet for this one...

My classification page will be updated with these in good time.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps rouler!