streetable comp tires for 18" wheels?

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: streetable comp tires for 18" wheels?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:14:48 -0800
When I cord the G-Forces that are currently installed, what can I replace them
with? The G-Force tires in this size are no longer available. I use the same
tires on the street too, so I was looking for something that would last longer
than Hoosiers. But the V700s aren't available in 18" sizes. And the Ecstas
don't have the sizes I need either.

I'm currently using 245x40x18 on the front, 295x35x18 on the rear. These are
the stock sizes.

The wheels are 18x8.5 front, 18x10 rear.

I want to avoid Hooisers because I don't want to buy another set of wheels.

What are you C5 Corvette guys with 18" rear wheels using?

Thanks,

Michael R. Clements
mikec@actional.com
http://www.actional.com
mrclem@telocity.com
http://mclements.net
Racing cars is a disease for which the only cure is poverty.