RE: SCCA National Tour

To: "Joey Jarosz" <joey@hotngui.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SCCA National Tour
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 02:24:15 -0800
At 10:52 PM 12/25/2001 -0800, Joey Jarosz wrote:
>Do I really have to sign up in advance for the "SCCA National Tour" at
>Atwater in May? Or can I just show up, pay the late fees and hit the
>courses? It sounds like it will be lots of fun, but I have a hard time
>planning that far in advance.

If I remember correctly, registration for National events (Tours, Pros) is
open up to about a week or two before the event.  So, you can probably wait
until April to register.  However, you do need to register before the event
- there's a lot of stuff that the event coordinators do in advance, like
assign grid spaces, set up work assignments, headcount for the banquet, car
numbers, trophy counts, enter you and your car into the timing/scoring
computer, etc.  Because of this, I don't think that they take any
registrations on the day of the event.

The other thing to remember is that motel rooms in Atwater tend to fill up
fairly quickly - if you don't want to have to scrounge around, or share a
motel with a biker club (just ask Navid about this one...), you probably
want to get reservations in advance...

Jim