Re: Thunderhill report?

To: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>,
Subject: Re: Thunderhill report?
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:18:33 -0800
This is a double reply, first to the value of my head (referencing your
earlier post), and the costs involved. Transponders are neat and make T&S
far more accurate. I was being facetious when I said I like to spend my $$
on things things that make the car go fast, but am reluctant otherwise. A
helmet is a necessary safety feature, as are suits, gloves, fire systems,
etc.; a transponder is a convenience for T&S, and for the drivers as the
times recorded will definitely be theirs and not someone else's. Too
different aspects of competition: safety vs. accuracy.
John's point about the cost was, I'm sure, not to raise that old issue
again, but to point out transponders are not free. If a club gives them to
drivers, that club must still purchase them, thus they are a cost that must
be covered, probably by raised entry fees, and that sort of thing.
The rental solution as Ralph reports makes sense. I'm sure there are
maintenance costs of some sort.
--Pat Kelly
ba-autox@autox.team.net, Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>