Re: API Raises the bar

To: mrclem@telocity.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: API Raises the bar
From: Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <miata@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:48:48 -0700
 I told you I did not want to start this discussion :) This is sort
of like arguing what your favorite color is. However I do think
it is important to check the API performance ratings.

 The manufactures may recommend a brand or event synthetic.
But they always recommend oils that meet the current API
performance ratings, Check the owners Manuel. I am sure the
SL will be a requirement on the new 02 cars.

 This progress in API performance standards are why car engines
are lasting much longer.

 Did you know they also rate gear oils also? The API ratings for
gear oil is

                                              GL 1
                                              GL 2
                                              GL 3
                                              GL 4
                                              GL 5
O.K. now I am sounding like a guy with to much time on my
hands. I have got to go to work now.

                                             Dennis