Re: Novice, # of events?

To: White 2kToy <al2ktoy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Novice, # of events?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:59:53 -0700
On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:22:32PM -0700, White 2kToy wrote:
> How many events can a Novice driver attend without losing their Novice
> status for next year? I have a few friends who want to drive in the Slush
> season but aren't ready to run open class, yet.
>
> -Alan
> Praxisracing.com

See:  http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/novicerules.html

Basically, if you attended less than 1/3 of the total SFR events last
year (championship + slush), and haven't trophied, you are eligible
for novice class.  That's six or fewer 2000 SFR events.

For example, I ran four events in the 2000 championship series before
getting distracted.  Therefore I was eligible as a novice in the 2001
championship series.  I would still be eligible for novice class for
the slush series, except that I got one of those pesky trophy things.
So now I have to play with the big boys and girls.

I just wish that Kumho would hurry up and ship the ECSTA 700s,
already!

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94