Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School

To: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:15:22 -0700
>  He tore up
> everybody, including Rich Bontempi, by several seconds.  He never used his
left foot.

i dont believe this is because he right-foot brakes.  its that the other
people just didnt drive as well, and the difference between left and right
foot braking is much smaller than the difference made up on the rest of the
course by better driving.

left foot braking gives you more options to control the balance of the car.
you can apply both brake and gas at the same time which smooths the
transition between gasing and braking.  you can also slow the car a little
without lifting. (lifting abruptly upsets the suspension)

as kevin points out, you can brake later with LFB because you arent coasting
while your foot goes in between the pedals.

HOWEVER, the advantage is small enough for virtually all of us so that it is
completely masked by other factors.  looking ahead, for example, will help
most of us WAY more than learning to LFB, IMHO.

-james creasy
OSP #74