Re: GGF musings...

To: roadsterboy@earthlink.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GGF musings...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:24:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/01 10:53:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
roadsterboy@earthlink.net writes:

> Speaking of the sliding around, is there any way to design a course such
> that we avoid the broken pavement?  I know it may not be completely
> avoidable, but perhaps we could try to minimize it by either putting
> straights over it or just not running over the broken stuff where we can
> avoid it.  My main gripe about this is all the debris that ends up on the
> line, but we also need to think about this:  Just how long do we think GGF
> will tolerate us tearing up their asphalt?

When I walked the course in the afternoon, I didn't see where we had run the
course over any "broken pavement."  All I saw was the marbles that we had
pulled up out of the pavement in our morning runs.  They are worse when we
run the line over spots where cars have leaked oil when it's in use as a
parking lot, and there are areas that are rougher than others, but I'm not
sure you can design a course that avoids all the rough spots and oil spots.

Sherry will gladly accept your application to chair a future GGF event and
avoid them, though...

As far as GGF, we're not tearing chunks of pavement up, we are pulling up
individual pieces of the gravel that make up the pavement, and I'm guessing
it doesn't worry them as we aren't really "tearing it up."

CHD