GGF musings...

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: GGF musings...
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 22:51:51 -0700
Well, most of you know my opinion of GGF by now, and that it usually
contains some words I'd best not use in polite company.  That hasn't changed
much, but I'm not here to revisit that.  Just a few observations on today's
event.

First of all, all those of you who say full-depth Kumhos are the way to go
at GGF, I now believe you.  I came out with a brand-spankin' new set of them
today and I've never felt as hooked up as I did today.  I still did a little
sliding around out there, but I don't think that will ever go away.

Speaking of the sliding around, is there any way to design a course such
that we avoid the broken pavement?  I know it may not be completely
avoidable, but perhaps we could try to minimize it by either putting
straights over it or just not running over the broken stuff where we can
avoid it.  My main gripe about this is all the debris that ends up on the
line, but we also need to think about this:  Just how long do we think GGF
will tolerate us tearing up their asphalt?

It also looks like competition is picking up in my class!  I won today, but
I would have lost narrowly to Jack Daniels had his last run been clean.  Of
course I'm still having trouble with Randy, but he didn't come out to play
today.  I was also thrilled at setting top time of day (at least until Round
2 went out, anyway ;).

Lastly, while on grid I heard from my CD player what should be GGF's
official theme song.  I thought it appropriate because it describes a car's
behavior while autoxing at GGF.  The song?  "Possessed to Skate" by Suicidal
Tendencies.

Scot
'91 CS Miata
52% of all Americans are in some sort of legal situation.  Are you one of
them?
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/szediker