Pics and VIDEO from Last Sunday's AutoX

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pics and VIDEO from Last Sunday's AutoX
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:35:40 -0700
Got a few pics from last Sunday, including some "scenic" shots of my Impala
SS.   It was an unusually clear day in the SF Bay Area (no fog) and thus you
could REALLY see across the Bay.   Golden Gate Bridge and city of San
Francisco (both about 10 miles away) were crystal clear.

http://www.regionofdoom.com/images/Events/AutoX04292001/AutoX_0429011.htm

Also, James Creasy (thanks James!) contributed some video again at:

http://www.regionofdoom.com/images/videos/Ed_R_AutoX_04292001.AVI
   (about 3 megs in size)

AND, I finally got my "in car" video not only working, but also got
some(much) better video editing software last night.  I rigged up a mount
using some instructions from this list (thanks!) : cost all of $40 and 1
hour to build it, and lets me mount a camcorder to the passenger side
headrest.

The video came straight out of the DV Camcorder into the computer (the
software I got with the Firewire card never would do it correctly). While
there is gonna be an editing "learning curve" for me I can already sense
this software is gonna let me do some VERY cool things.   Here's a complete
run video of my first run (complete with commentary when I mess
up the slalom :^)

http://www.regionofdoom.com/images/Events/AutoX04292001/Ed_R_Run1.mpg
   (about 22 megs in size, you'll probably wanna be on broadband to
    download this one)

Enjoy!

Ed Runnion         Santa Clara CA
mailto:Ed_Runnion@RegionOfDoom.com