RE: The most ridicules scene in Driven

To: "'Dennis & Sherry Armstrong'" <miata@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: The most ridicules scene in Driven
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:30:03 -0700
Dennis Armstrong writes...

> The most ridicules scene is the scene where the driver
>of one car crashes into a infield lake. To main character
>decides to drive his racecar off the track and goes to
>rescue this driver. The girlfriend of the other driver on the
>track says, " someone's in trouble you have to help".

You all are failing to convince me that this is a bad movie. The above
actions are exactly what Speed Racer would do, and we all know he was
perhaps the best racecar driver of all time, save, perhaps, his (unknown to
him) brother, Racer X.

Trixie, Speed's girlfriend, always said things like, "Speed!
Someone's-in-trouble-you-have-to-help-Speed! Oh!"

I think we need to schedule an SFR screening of "Driven," and then have a
meeting for analysis afterwards over cookies and ice cream. What do you all
think?

Katie K.