Re: National Tour trophy mistake...

To: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National Tour trophy mistake...
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:25:58 -0400

Message text written by Alan Dahl

"Sounds like the folks at the trophy house made more
than just the one mistake."

It wasn't the trophy house. One Deselle McCutcheon used the San Diego Tour
first-day results to request the plaques.
        She's the same person who has sent letters to me saying they were
about to cancel SF Region's Solo II events. In the first case it was
because MY membership expired three days after our Super Bowl Sunday
opener. Seems yours truly is listed as the "organizer." And most recently
because our resident Solo Safety Steward's membership --Brian Nemy--expires
at the end of July and the THREAT concerns our August events. As we have
over 4500 members I suggested the lady could replace the names on the sheet
with anyone she cared to name. I suggested my name (I hold a safety steward
license) replace Nemy's as the Safety Steward for the August events.
        Then she said I couldn't be the "Organizer" and the "Solo Safety
Steward" at the same event. I suggested she read the Solo rule book again
as I am NOT the event chair and that is the place --event chair and solo
safety steward--where two people cannot hold both jobs.
        Now that I had her attention I think it will all be resolved. Do
not think Ms McCutcheon has been employed in the National office for very
long. Good employees are hard to find and I suspect this one will work out
eventually, after we forgive her for these glitches.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly