Re: Favorite Car Movies

To: Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <miata@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Favorite Car Movies
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:16:27 -0700 (PDT)
Yea, I'll be watching  Driven Friday night somewhere.

Le Mans is, by a factor of 10, the best. No question.
It suffers from a crappy mono soundtrack. Grand Prix -
good - but you have to FF through the boring bits (the
plot). Best found on laserdisc, no DVD yet of either.
Hopefully they'll remaster the sound.  I've been
reading the book of producing the film (French Kiss
with Love?? - and it's amazing how much behind the
screnes wrangling went on between McQueen, Garner,
Frankenheime and the studios - McQueen was supposed to
be the star of GP).. but I ramble.

BTW: I have surplus originals of DOT, Grand Prix and
Le Mans on VHS gathering dust(all pan'n'scan
unfortunately) , so I'd be happy to give these to
anyone in return for a fun run, a coke or a thankyou.

DOT - better soundtrack, but actually very little
racing. DVD available, only Dolby surround but not 5.1
or DTS.

Speedvision is/has been showing a lot of good oldies,
I thought I knew them all, but they did come up with
some new (old) ones, i.e.: The Big Wheel, Winning, the
Racers, Redline 7000, Johnny Dark  - some of these
aren't too bad. JOhnny Dark had a lot of 50's type
sportscars that I did not recognize. But speedvision
failed by showing something really horrendous with
motorbikes ridden by knights in shining armor.

Another thread here would be best sound disc, anyone
else heard Nick (Pink Floyd) Mason's "Into the Red"
stuff?

Craig

--- Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <miata@pacbell.net>

http://auctions.yahoo.com/