Re: harness questions

To: Dougie360@aol.com, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: harness questions
From: "J. Ochi" <jochi@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 16:20:19 -0700
At 07:02 PM 4/3/2001 -0400, Dougie360@aol.com wrote:
>i all, I'm a novice and am trying to understand the harness options.
>
>1.  will the addition of a harness disqualify me from Stock?

No, as long as you don't cut the seat to install your harness, and you
don't remove any of the passive restraint systems.  Your best bet is to get
a rule book and read the rules.  While you're waiting to get a rule book,
you can use Jerry Mouton's car classification rules at
<http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/>

>2.  I don't want to do major mods in my car (like roll cages), and want to
>keep my car in GS.  I believe that a Schroth type harness is the option.
>Anybody know a good source/supplier for this harness?

Schroth Rallye's are one of the few DOT-approved four point harnesses
around, and seem to be pretty easy to install in most stock cars.  I don't
know who carries them locally, but HMS Motorsport
<http://www.hmsmotorsport.com> carries the entire line of Schroth harnesses.

Hope this helps,

Jim