CSP stuff (was Re: Proof that cars can talk)

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: CSP stuff (was Re: Proof that cars can talk)
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:49:47 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: Proof that cars can talk

> Are you CRAZY?

No, I was talking ONLY about springs.  And they would be cheaper than a new
car (~$800 for GC coilovers vs. $30K+ for a new car).  You should really
switch over to decaf.

> Do you know how much those SP people invest?!

Somewhere in the five-figure range for a nationally competitive car, IIRC.

> On the other hand, if it's cheaper to prepare a car like Rick's than it is
> to buy a new one, hmmm... a CSP Lucy is all of a sudden sounding very
> appealing. Can you drive those cars on the street everyday? That would be
> the deal breaker. Plus cost, but let's just pretend for now.

We'd have to ask Rick about that one, but I suspect not.    But come to
think of it, I've never seen Rick's car arrive at an event under its own
power, even when it was a BS car.

General consensus says that a competitive SP car is a real pain to live with
as a daily driver.  That said, building my car up to CSP trim appeals to me
a lot more than buying another Stock ride because unless I buy an MR2 I'd
have to replace it in a couple years or so.  Besides, I really love my
Miata.

Scot