Dear Miss Manners,

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dear Miss Manners,
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:30:15 -0800
Dear Miss Manners,
I have an upcoming "social" event in the Sacramento area that will last
through the entire weekend. I have decided to stay over the weekend at my
wives sister's house, who lives in Sacramento. My problem is that this
"social" event, which will entail storing automobile tires in her living
room, happens to coincide with the weekend she will be moving to a new
house. Now I know that my charm alone will mitigate the fact that the
demands of my "social" event will preclude my helping her carry twenty five
years of possessions to her new digs, so there are no questions of my
presence being considered ill mannered, inconvenient, or tacky. No, my
question to you Miss Manners is, "Should I store the tires in the new house
or the old?"

Signed,
Anxious in Orinda

Oh, by the way. Since my wife will be helping her sister out that weekend,
would it be good manners to ask her to carry my tires up and back, since she
will be in the area anyway? She has a much larger car.