FW: ba-autox-digest V1 #226

To: "'cmerritt@ati.com'" <cmerritt@ati.com>
Subject: FW: ba-autox-digest V1 #226
From: Bill Hamburgen <billh@pa.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:20:43 -0700
Carl,  Just considering track and overall height is simple,
but I fear it might be just a little too simple.  Overall
height alone provides a poor estimate of CG height.  Adding
ground clearance to the equation greatly improves the accuracy.
As we all know intuitively, a stock Ford Expedition on race
rubber is a great candidate for a flip, but one that has been
lowered to the max is probably pretty rollover-safe.  And ground
clearance - perhaps at differential or oilpan - is something that
could be measured at tech on a questionable vehicle.

/Bill