RE: Vehicle eligibility...

To: "'Derek Butts'" <pnc1@earthlink.net>, Bill Hamburgen <billh@pa.dec.com>
Subject: RE: Vehicle eligibility...
From: Bill Hamburgen <billh@pa.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:02:07 -0700
Sorry to say I'm somewhat of an expert on rolling pre-Previa Toyota
vans.  I nearly died in a rollover of a really, really worn out short
wheelbase Toyota van in 1994.  Going 70mph on a main highway (Arusha,
Tanzania-to-Nairobi), the driver hit a big pothole.  Two attempts to
correct the skid and over she rolled.  Took almost three hours to reach
the hospital and I nearly bled out.  Emergency surgery, 2 units of Nairobi
blood (proved AIDS-free, thank God!), and after 10 days, a $90k Lear jet
ride home at my HMO's expense.  More blood, more surgery.  Took a while,
but everything is working pretty well now.  My life's big adventure.

I don't think that van would have passed tech anywhere ;-)

/Bill