Re: Katie's Last Stand

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Katie's Last Stand
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:40:52 -0400
"Kelly, Katie" wrote:

>  I can't think of a better way to kill a program
> other than not allowing new people to try it.
>
> I think you are right. Probably, at the first event, my idea wouldn't make
> THAT much of a difference. But over the long run, it probably would. We've
> heard from countless people that without the rookie class, they wouldn't be
> running.

I finally get this. You are talking about next year.
Screen the newbie slackards out in their first
year instead of their second. This is the "who do we
retain" discussion that we have during the winter.
Some of us thought you were talking about next month.

That does it. In order to make this work we are just
going to have to gang up on the following people
and force them to get us through this impending
growth crisis:

Vernon and Katie will cochair slush rounds 4 and 5
after the time change as practice for Boondoggle III.
Who else has demonstrated the ability to process
ridiculous numbers of entries? Look for 4, maybe
500 autocross starved addicts to show up on
Super Bowl Sunday.

For next year:
Carl Merritt will be Chief of Registration. Who else
cares or even thinks about the work load at registration?

Darren Madams will be Chief of Tech. Who else
can ensure your carbs aren't going to fall off?

Jerry Mouton will be director of the Rookie Series.
Who else can think in code and keep all the details
straight?

KeS will be Chief of Course Worker Training for
the Championship Series. Who else can scare
them into paying attention and running faster?

Implore now and implore relentlessly. The run
you save may be your own.

And in case Katie is really miffed by this, does
anyone else know what

> -Killer Pintos from Outer Space

is about?
Rich Urschel