Thanks to Patrick Jones

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks to Patrick Jones
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:52:32 -0400
I would like to thank Patrick Jones for his enormous
generosity in offering me a chance to drive his Lotus
Elise at GGF today. As I told him, this is something
I never imagined I would ever get to do as this car
cannot be imported into the US for street use.

It meant a lot to me as the Elan put one of it's half
shafts through the floor of the trunk yesterday. Had
it happened on the other side it would have severed
the fuel line and quite possibly have penetrated the
fuel tank. I'll be fitting CV joints to replace the rotoflex
couplings before driving it again.

Anyway, instead of fighting depression, I'm glowing
from the automotive treat of a lifetime. (Ok, Katie,
the Phantom tops it, but not by that much.)

The Elise is in road racing trim from Lotus and, as such,
is not well tuned for autocrossing. But it won't take
that much to put it right and the potential is awesome.

Thanks Patrick! BTW, I've lost your e-mail address
and have some info for you.
Rich Urschel