Re: Autocrossing on a Budget

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocrossing on a Budget
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:22:12 -0700
this is an interesting concept, but you can use the reverse logic too!:

> 1. Find a car that will also be your daily driver.
1. implusively buy some crazy car you cant seem to imagine life without,
then decide to autocross it as justification.

> 2. Find a car that has enough room to carry all your stuff to
2. no, tires wont fit in it, so you can justify driving around on kumhos all
the time.  wow, good thing this isnt my daily driver!  this is really very
practical, and might as well get the nice wheels at the same time.

> 3. Run in the stock class.
3. since crazy cars are not eligible for the stock class, more justification
to buy all sorts of goodies for it.  "enhance the resale value"...,  maybe
all i need to win OSP is 150 more ft lbs from a S/C...

> 4. Don't buy everything at once.
4. well, since you spent all this money for no good reason, what's another
few thousand to make the car enjoyable.. i mean, i SHOULD be able to enjoy
it, and why not buy all the things you need for the first month all at once?

> 5. Keep your eyes open for deals.
5.  absolutely!  thats why i bought my car in the first place.  hey, did i
now just drive by a really cherry looking austin healey?  a little paint,
some new tires, motor, suspension and a good wash job and i am ready for
FP!! :)

-james