Re: SFR's pre-nationals party [now, Thursday 8/31]

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SFR's pre-nationals party [now, Thursday 8/31]
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:26:47 -0700
Navid Kahangi wrote:

> Jesus,
>
> Seems like this was just addressed to me.  Did you intend for this to go to
> the list?
>
> --Navid

 Ok folks, here's the deal.  I reserved Malibu Grand Prix for
 8:00 Thursday night, 8/31.  I could not get an earlier time, but I
figured this works best with everyone's schedule anyway.  We have the
track for one full hour with 6 cars at our disposal.  We need to be
there by 7:30 to take care of logistics and be ready to roll at 8:00
sharp.  We'll have 6 people at a time on track, so the rest of us can
soak up the nationals wisdom from the veterans while we wait our turns,
as well as before and after our 1 hour slot. The track rental is $650
and at the last count we had 17 people signed up. That comes out to
about $40 a person.  If more people sign up, it'll be cheaper.  C'mon
guys, it's worth the price of admission to see Malibu Mike and Josh
settle this Malibu thing once and for all.  Sorry Charlie, I couldn't
help myself!

 Yeah I know, it comes out to be more expensive per lap than if
 you would buy tickets, but then you would have to fight the crowd and
not be able to even warm up the tires.

 The following people have sent their RSVP for the party:

 Charlie Davis
 Jim Ochi
 Jerry Brown
 Kevin Stevens
 Mike Lella *
 Larry Sharp
 Sharon Levy
 Chris Sims & Jennifer (maybe)
 Peter Mottaz
 Jesus Villarreal
 Peter Thana
 Fred Van Wagenen
 Josh Sirota
 Rocket Rex
 Don Lew
 Navid Kahangi

 * means you have not confirmed for Thursday

 Navid
 I might be able to get a few of the AAS "Darryl Lecks" from the regular
 thursday night meetings to go with me. I'll let them know tomorrow, and
 see who wants to go. There are a few of them on this list, so if you
are a "Darryl Leck", and would like to go to Malibu GP, send me an
e-mail to confirm.

Jesus
P.S. if we can get 25 people, the price comes down to $26 each