Re: Pre-Nationals party?

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <navid@interwoven.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Pre-Nationals party?
From: "Mike Lella" <lella@gotnet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:05:41 -0700
Alright Charlie,

My car was not illegal, the skirts that we added the week before were. It
was bogus in the fact that these skirts were  "non-performance enhancing".
It is true that they measured lower from the point of the tub, but where it
counts in ground-effects and in improving performance would have been from
the ground. My skirts wern't any lower than anyone else's at that point. It
just goes to show that at the Nationals, just going around and asking your
fellow competators for a clearification on the rules (like we did) before
the race won't cut it. Most of the people we asked (and especially the two
who filed the protest) knew that we had a problem and waited until impound
to bring it to our attention. This was simply poor sportsmanship and I
won't forget it.

Those skirts mean nothing to performance. I could understand adding two
seconds to my time if the skirts were  "performance enhancing". In this
case they were not and the proof was in the second day when I drove just as
well without the skirts.

To me it was bogus despite the rule violation.

BOGUS! BOGUS! BOGUS! BOGUS! BOGUS! BOGUS!

And to you rookies, as far as I'm concerned, there are a bunch of assholes
in this sport and you'll see some of them at the Nationals.  Charlie, if
you want to lable me in that category because of this comment, then be my
guest.........

Mike

Yes, Malibu Mike!!!!!!!!!
 (and I wasn't the one who brought this up again, but if you or anyone else
wants to challenge me at Malibu and see who's really the fastest on even
equipment, then the Party Pre-Nationals is your chance. And I haven't been
there in years)......