Timing Slip person and safety

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Timing Slip person and safety
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:49:21 EDT
One of my recent finishes had acceleration, and some drivers forgot to take
their foot out, nearly taking out timing slip personnel.

The next finish was criticized for causing cars to spin (and give re-runs),
though far enough from the timing slip person to not endanger them.

This time I gave people a place to accelerate, shut down, and have to
negotiate a corner before getting the timing slip.  Hopefully, that worked
for everyone.

Nest time at GGF, maybe part of the requirement for that position will be to
have a Walkman, so you can hear the FM broadcast (assuming we get it fixed
AND are sure we don't run afoul of the FCC...

CHD