Re: Entrance to Golden Gate Fields is different

To: lollipop@ricochet.net,
Subject: Re: Entrance to Golden Gate Fields is different
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:28:34 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:nokones@ix.netcom.com

"Speaking Of Golden Gate Fields. I heard on the radio this morning that
Golden Gate Fields has to vacate where they are now by no later than 2
years. I believe I heard that they are trying to obtain land near Dixon
along I.S. 80.
"

Anything is possible. GGF's owners recently purchased the Bay Meadows
operation. So they now own all the Major League horse tracks in Northern
California.

        As the immediate previous GGF owners acquired the land under GGF
(owned by a branch of the Santa Fe/Southern Pacific railrods), leads me to
ask if anything was said on the radio on WHY GGF supposedly had to move. It
is confoozin' since GGF is owned entirely by one firm. There were some
public announcements about refurbishing GGF after the Bay Meadows deal but
I haven't seen anything solid yet. The person I deal with does not handle
the big stuff that I know of.

--John Kelly