Re: Group (Un)Think

To: James Creasy <jcre@mozart.com>
Subject: Re: Group (Un)Think
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:31:04 -0400
James Creasy wrote:

> ok kevin, ill take you through a sample corner in my car...
>
> 1. try to see the corner entrance over the shaking under WOT.

Requires no effort, and is conceded by James to be relatively
fruitless anyway as your eyeballs are shaking too hard to focus.

> 3. tighten grip on steering wheel.
> 7. tighten grip on wheel in preparation for turning.
> 13. tighten grip on wheel to hold yourself in the 1960's seat.
> 15. tighten buttocks for extra cushioning over mid-corner bump.
> 18. grit teeth to prevent biting your tongue.

"The single most common physical cause of error in golf, and
perhaps in all sports, is overtightness."  -- W. Timothy Gallwey
writing in The Inner Game of Golf, 1979.

James!
Loosen up man. Trust your tires. Trust the roll bar.

Rich Urschel (who just added "do not work course during
the OSP run group") to his autocross checklist.