Indy 500 experience

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Indy 500 experience
From: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
Thought I would share with you some of the totally awesome times I had
this past weekend at the 500.

Bradley Motorsports teamed up with CAN and we were the main sponsor of
#12, driven by Buzz Calkins at this years race.  I had four days of
full pit and garage access along with viewing the race from the new
suites above the new garages built for F1.

This was my first Indy and what a treat.  I had tweleve laps around the
track in the pace car with Anthony Edwards, James Garner, and Parnelli
Jones driving.  I had dinner with AJ Foyt, met Johnny Rutherford, and
sat at the bar with Bobby Unser.  I was on the grid when the cars came
out for the start of the race and saw the **intense** looks on several
of the drivers faces.  I was standing on the yard of bricks when the
order came, "Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!"

At that point, 200,000+ fans and 33 - 650HP V8s made a noise I will not
soon forget.

Watching Buddy Lazier try so hard to catch the amazing Juan Montoya -
wow.  At the end, I took a golf cart and ran around the new F1 track
that will host the USGP on September 24 this year.  Buzz finished the
race with 194 laps and 18th place.  The car looked like it had been
sand blasted.  ESPN and ABC had coverage of the Team CAN car, and we
hope to be back in "The Show" next year.

Now, if I can keep those g-Force's from wearing out on the Neon...

patrick
98 Neon ACR
98 Viper GTS-R #33