RE: Kragen's torque practices

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "'Vitaly Iourtchenko'" <vitaly@nuance.com>
Subject: RE: Kragen's torque practices
From: "Watson, Mark" <Mark.Watson@Schwab.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:40:22 -0700
Here's a tip for you - Next time your down at the local parts store, pickup
a tubeless tire plug kit.
This kit usually includes a rasp to run through the puncture, a special tool
to install the plug, a small tube a rubber cement and a couple of plugs
(they look more like a rubber coated piece of twine)

If you have a small portable air compressor (or air tank) you can fix up
that flat without even removing the wheel and tire.
I had this with me at an AutoX when a fellow racer found a nail in his tire
prior to his first run, we were able to fix the flat in about 10 minutes
(lost about half the air pressure in the process) pumped the tire up and he
was ready for action.

If done correctly, they will last the life of the tire.         Cost - about
$15

-Mark