Need course setup workers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Need course setup workers
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 15:42:05 -0700
Yes, it's that time again. There's an SCCA autocross this weekend, so
  the time has come to put out the call for people to come early and
  help set up the course.

Pros:

  * You get the best parking spaces.

  * It counts as your work assignment.

  * You get to make sure that this Miata-driving rookie course designer
    doesn't do something silly like back-to-back pin corners, or a 12
    cone, offset, 45 foot spacing, curved slalom (with hills, no less!).

  * You get to play with gypsum powder (make yourself look like a
    Geisha!).

  * You get to know the course really well.

Cons:

  * None, really. OK, you have to show up at 7am, and you have walk
    around setting up cones and timers and gypsum (oh my!).

We need about 10 people to help get things set up. I'm hoping someone
  who knows how to set up the timers will be amoung those 10. But Katie
  assures me that'll be no problem. BTW, it is true that her middle name
  is Pollyanna?

Speaking of Katie, I'd like to thank her for volunteering to co-chair
  this event, even though she's already chaired an event this year. I'd
  also like to thank Nanda Holz for volunteering, and thus getting Katie
  off the hook. Finally, I'd like to thank John Kelly for answering a
  bunch of questions & giving me sage advice. With all the help We've
  gotten from Katie & John, I'm sure Nanda & I can make this work.

  Keith Hearn
  Co-Chair, May 20th SCCA Round 5, The 'Stick
  '99 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  Milpitas, CA